I am a license Electronics Engineer and since my birthday is near, it means that my license will be expiring soon. Last week, I already renewed my license because I don’t want to pay for extra fees for renewing an expired license.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to renew PRC ECE license:
What to Bring:
1. Bring 3 passport size picture or PRC picture (as most people call it) with white background. Make sure that your photo have your name written below. But if you forgot or don’t have time to have your photo taken, there are photo booths outside PRC. You can just have you picture taken there that cost around Php 80 for 4 copies of passport picture/PRC picture.
Note: 2 passport size/PIC pics will be submitted upon renewing your PRC license and the other 1 will be submitted upon renewing your IECEP membership. The picture to be submitted in IECEP doesn’t require a specific size. Since you will be having 4 copies of passport size pic when you have your photo taken, it is better to use that.
2. Bring 2 photocopies of your PRC License ID back and front. One will be submitted in PRC and the other one in IECEP. But if you forgot or don’t have time, you can have it photocopy in front of PRC for Php2.00 each copy.
3. Black ballpen
Extra money for photocopy, glue and ID picture if needed.
5. Glue/Paste (optional) – You can borrow or buy a glue/paste at the stores outside PRC.
2. Go up to 3rd floor and just across the elevator is the IECEP office. Ask for the renewal form and fill it up. Paste your picture in the upper right hand box of the form.
3. Submit the accomplished form together with the photocopy of your PRC license ID to the IECEP staff. Pay Php1300 for the renewal fee. This is fixed whether your license is expired or not.
4. Afterwards, the staff will hand you over the certificate of IECEP membership together with the official receipt.
4. Have your certificate of IECEP membership photocopied. Then, proceed to PRC.
According to the IECEP staff, the ID will be delivered at your preferred address 3-4 weeks after.
B. IECEP Renewal
1. Go to the Window (I forgot the letter, I think it’s Q) near the entrance and ask for a license renewal form for ECE. You need to show your license ID first before they hand you over a form.
2. Fill up the form and paste (1) one of your picture at the upper right hand box of the form.
3. Go inside the PRC Main Building and present the accomplished form, the photocopy of the certificate of IECEP membership, photocopy of your PRC license ID and 1 passport size/PRC pic in Window 18.
4. The staff will assess your form and will give it back to you after assessment together with the amount that you need to pay.
5. Settle your bills at the PRC Cashier Window. Php450 for the renewal fee and if your license is already expired, you need to pay additional Php30.
6. The cashier gave you the receipt after payment.
7. Go back to Window 18 and submit the form. The staff will hand you over the claim stub and on when can you claim your license.
That’s it! Pancit! Easy Right? Feel free to comment if you wish to add anything or correct me regarding my post. 🙂
** Please read the comments section for updates from other renewers of license.**