The movie was shown in the Philippines last August but I wasn’t able to watch it in the movie house. So, I decided to download it via torrent and I watched it last night.
Starring Chris Pine as Sam, a great sales man, made a bad deal the same day he learned that his father died. Against his will, he returned home but wasn’t able to make it in time for his father’s burial. He then met with his father’s attorney and handed him his father’s shaving kit. Inside he found $150,000 and a note stating to give it a guy name Josh and to take care of them. Soon he found out that Josh (Michael Hall D’Addario) is his nephew and he had a sister she never knew, Elizabeth Banks as Frankie.
The movie was great with a reasonable ending. And from the movie, Sam shared to Josh 6 Rules of Life.
6 Rules of Life from the movie People Like Us
1. If you like something because you think other people are gonna like it, it’s a sure bet no one will.
2. Most doors in the world are closed, so if you find one that you want to get into, you damn well better have an interesting knock. And if you knock like you drum, you’ll be fine.
3. Everything that you think is important isn’t. And everything that you think is unimportant is.
4. Don’t shit where you eat.
5. Lean into it. Means that the outcome doesn’t matter. What matters is that you’re there for it. Whatever “it” is, good or bad.
6. Never sleep with someone who has more problems than you.
Sam’s Own Rule: Always assume your mother is listening.
So if you haven’t watch this movie yet, I recommend that you download and watch it. It’s a great movie for me! 🙂