Just to share a quick background, I enrolled at the Universal Driving School and paid their fee of PHP 1,400 to assist me in my application of a non-pro driver’s license.
What I will be sharing here is my experienced with the Universal Driving School when I applied for my Non-Pro Driver’s License. So if you are enrolled or planning to enroll at the Universal Driving School, this may serve as your guide and reference.
Here’s MY experience:
1. A 4-pages reviewer for the written exam costs PHP 20. My advice is don’t buy it. Just click this link or search the web for online reviewers.
2. Driver’s license application assistance is every Wednesdays only. Set a date and inform the registrar when you plan to have your driver’s license application. Pay PHP 1,400 for the assistance fee and driver’s license application fee.
3. On the day of the application, all applicants from the different branches of the driving school will be asked to go to the Universal Driving School – J.P. Rizal branch at 6:00 AM.
Opposite the Universal Driving School – J.P. Rizal branch is the Makati Municipal Building.
4. An “instructor” from the said driving school will be there to meet the applicants. He will conduct a roll call of all the names of the applicants, check the requirements (Student Permit & Receipt) and once done, he will hire a taxi to bring all applicants to the LTO.
5. At the LTO, applicants need to have their medical. Pay PHP 100 for the medical fee.
The doctor will ask you to read some numbers on his desk to test your vision.
6. Fill up the application form and submit to “the instructor” assisting you.
8. Proceed to the waiting area and wait for your name to be called for the written exam.
9. Inside the examination room, all applicants will be given an official reviewer to review for a few minutes.
10. Surrender all reviewers before taking the written exam. Orientation will be made by the examiner. You need to have at least 30 correct answers out of 40 questions in order to pass.
11. Submit your paper and proceed to the waiting area outside the examination room.
12. Wait for your result. If you failed, you will be asked to go back to the examination room. If you pass, your instructor will be calling you to sign some papers and inform you your score.
13. You may opt to wait for your driver’s license or have it picked up at the Universal Driving School you are enrolled in the next day. If you choose to get your driver’s license on that same day, wait for your name to be called and proceed to the releasing window. License jacket is also available at Window 2 that costs PHP 20 if you wish to buy.
Go home! If your way is going to Edsa, G-Liner buses going to Robinson’s Galleria are passing in front of the LTO.🙂 The whole process, from picture taking until I got my license, took around 3 hours. Good luck!
P.S. Yes, I did not have an actual test drive but I got my driver’s license.